Most people spend roughly 60 hours per week on the internet. It’s how we get our news, keep in touch with loved ones, earn a living, and entertain ourselves.
Your business website has to be up to par if you’re hoping to drive traffic and improve revenue. This requires you to learn as much as you can about the website development process.
So what should you know about the process of building a website from scratch? We’re happy to explain.
Keep reading to learn the ins and outs of the website design process.
Set Your Goals and Vision
Before you go through a single line of code or make a color choice, you have to plan out the direction of your website. Outline the main goals you’re trying to achieve and brainstorm how to get there.
Some common website goals might include:
- Launching a small business website
- Creating sales landing pages
- Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and chatbots to communicate with customers
- Open an e-commerce store
Research your target market, consider what information you need to publish, and set goals for every step of the design and publishing the site.
Plan Out the Website Design
Consider the aesthetics of your website. Your site should be eye-catching and designed to enhance your brand and convert new business.
Here are some of the details that go into planning your website design:
- Consider color psychology to affect the mood and thought process of visitors
- Optimize the website for mobile viewing, since mobile web use has grown by more than 500% in the past decade
- Decide on the layout that supports your brand and goals
- Plan your use of images and embedded video
The type of brand you’re building will also affect your design choices. A small business owner may make different visual choices than a large corporation. Scope out some web designers that can help you create the best visual presentation. The layout should be easy to navigate on any device.
Work With Professionals to Build Your Site
Hire the best web developers to make sure your site performs up to quality standards. Here are some ways that web development professionals can assist you:
- Building the site with search engine optimization (SEO) in mind
- Obtaining SSL certificates and other protocols
- Protecting your site from cybersecurity attacks
- Boosting the speed of your website
- Working out bugs to prevent downtime
- Creating several backups of your site
- Making improvements during the website development lifecycle
Choose professionals that understand your industry and how to keep your site competitive. Many of these web development pros can also help you launch and market your site with quality SEO and content creation strategies.
Learn the Website Design Process
The points above will help you out when you’re trying to learn the website design process. If you can build a quality website point by point, you’ll always remain competitive among your peers.
Start with these points and browse our other articles to help you get the most out of your web design and marketing needs.