In today’s fast-paced business world, customer service is more important than ever before. Over the past decade, it has undergone a radical transformation and still is the deciding factor when it comes to purchases. With tech changing people’s lives very quickly,
companies need to be aware of the latest trends in order to stay competitive and provide a superior level of service. Over time, each sphere began to take shape in the digital direction, so the future of customer service will develop depending on the consumer’s expectations. This article provides information on why service technology is that significant for business and what are some of the latest trends in the customer service software.
Importance of Advanced Technology In Business Management
Table of Contents
Customer service technology plays the following important role in every business:
- Provides easily accessible and faster communication: people simply don’t have either time or patience to wait for hours in a phone queue. They need to get their answers here and now, not on weekdays until eight o’clock;
- Increases sales: by automating customer service requests and using data analytics to track customer behavior, companies improve the overall experience and increase transactions.
- Reduces costs: automation significantly reduces costs by speeding up information processing and more efficient work of specialists;
- Improves retention rates: getting new customers is far more difficult than keeping the current ones. In order for the client to be satisfied, come back, and also recommend products to others, businesses should look at the latest trends, so digitalization is the way to go.
Customer Service Trends And Tools
With the advance in technology, there are now many more options for marketing than ever before. Many companies are now offering 24/365 support through the use of chatbots, websites, social media, and other tools, so customers get help when they need it most, regardless of what the circumstances are.
The first significant element of customer service technology is the rise of chatbots, which are computer programs designed to mimic human conversation. According to Zendesk, interactions with automated chatbots have increased by 81% in 2020. They are becoming increasingly popular because they:
- Allow to always be available by providing 24 hours a day service;
- Help reduce costs by automating simple tasks, such as answering common questions or routing customers to the right department;
- Improve customer satisfaction with quick and easy access to support.
2. Artificial intelligence (AI)
A crucial trend is the use of artificial intelligence. AI like virtual assistants lets customers get answers to specific questions about the company’s products or services, which significantly cuts down on the amount of time to resolve the issue. It can be used to:
- Access information quickly without searching through various websites or apps;
- Automate complex tasks, such as identifying and resolving customer issues;
- Predict customer needs and preferences to provide a more personalized experience;
- Collect data about customers’ behavior, which can be used to improve future interactions.
3. Machine learning (ML)
Another important advance is machine learning. This technology automatically detects and responds to different kinds of issues. For example, if a client submits a support ticket with a certain question, the machine learning algorithm will learn the answer for the future. ML helps categorize tickets, track common difficulties, and find solutions that work best. As a result, companies can provide faster and more accurate support.
4. Omnichannel support
Omnichannel customer service includes the use of multiple channels (or touchpoints) to interact with clients, which includes such things as phone calls, email or SMS marketing, websites, apps, social media, etc. A good online presence gives a more seamless experience, as it helps to:
- Reduce customer frustration as they can switch between channels without having to start over each time, and get help from any touchpoint that is convenient for them;
- Attract new customers;
- Take information from all channels for better cooperation;
- Provide faster and more accurate support.
5. Self-service portals
Self-service is becoming increasingly popular, as companies are able to provide better customer service at a lower cost. Customers are able to help themselves by answering ordinary questions and troubleshooting common problems like changing account information or ordering new products in a simple but convenient way. This saves both time and money, as it is possible to resolve issues without the need for a live representative.
6. Real-time engagement tools
Since more and more companies become comfortable with a remote work style, visual engagement tools are essential for providing great service. Some visual elements to enhance client experience are:
Live chats and video conferencing
With various live chats and video conferencing software, helpdesk operators can communicate with clients from anywhere via the Internet. It is also an invaluable opportunity for managers to evaluate work by viewing employee activity and call data, as well as listening to conversations.
Employees can create how-to videos or do screen sharing, which helps remotely see the situation in full and solve the client’s problem faster. Using a video makes communication more personal and engaging, and builds trust and rapport.
Co-browsing is one of the convenient ways to help the client: representatives collaborate with customers in real-time, controlling their browser and navigating them to certain information on a website, eliminating the need for detailed instructions.
7. Virtual Reality (VR)
Nowadays, the most trending technology that any industry wants to incorporate is virtual reality, and customer service is no exception. According to experts from Stanford University, VR brings more compassion, and creates deep, meaningful connections with clients, as it gives the opportunity to personally test the product with all the functionality it has. Other functions of VR:
- Helps employees develop their skills, improve the overall client experience;
- Monitors users’ actions, the choices they make, and their reactions to different situations, which helps inform brands further to make changes to their products or services.
In conclusion, digital technology is considered a vital part of the future of customer service. To stay ahead of the curve and provide an exceptional experience that will lead to increased sales and loyalty, businesses should implement some of the listed trends into their workflow.